Wednesday, January 30, 2008

That Whole Liberals Eating Each Other Thing

According the New York branch of the National Organization of Women (NOW), Senator Ted Kennedy's endorsement of Barack Obama rather than Hillary Clinton was "the ultimate betrayal" and "hit women hard." Furthermore, "He's joined the list of progressive white men who can't or won't handle the prospect of a woman president who is Hillary Clinton."

So if Kennedy is sexist for endorsing Obama, one assumes that the (supposedly) progressive NOW would be screaming "Racist!" with equal fervor had he endorsed Clinton? No?

This kind of inanity is why I cancelled my subscription to Ms. magazine several years back. To NOW, I offer a world of "get off my side."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah I get yelled at a lot for me anti-feminism.
But seriously, women are crazy and sure I want the right to vote and the same amount of money as a guy, but I don't want to prove to people I'm crazy!

Plus, Hilary is hardly a woman. :P