Monday, May 26, 2008

I Heart Expensive Sandwiches (#63)

Today I accidentally discovered what is officially the best blog ever: Stuff White People Like.

My favorite excerpt is from the Prius entry (which clocked in at #60 on the top 100). "The Prius might be the most perfect white product ever," writes our faithful satirist. "It’s expensive, gives the idea that you are helping the environment, and requires no commitment/changes other than money."

On the nose indeed; my nose, and possibly yours. I confess, I am also fond of scarves (#97), yoga (#15) and coffee (#1, of course).

As white culture (or, acknowledging that no such thing exists, more appropriately white yuppie culture) moves from "the culture" to "one of many ethnic subcultures" I think such satirizing can only benefit matters. But then, white people do love irony (#50).

2 comments:

Neal said...

"However, it is important to be aware of the fact that regions outside of San Francisco feature many people who are not white, gay or Asian. They are greatly appreciated during the census, but white people are generally very happy that they stay in places like Oakland and Richmond."

hah!

Erin Clark said...

Seriously, funniest thing I've read in a long time.