Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Let There Be Bosons!

Scientists believe they are on the brink of discovering the intriguingly monikered "god particle" through a process of smashing atoms to bits with Mike Tyson's fists a very large machine. While the prospect of finally bringing to light what makes light, well, light, is indeed fascinating, I can't help but wonder if the millions of dollars allocated to the project might not have been better spent creating a machine that would bring to light socks that disappear in the dryer.

I'm just saying.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, okay...I was gonig to holdout for millions of dollars, but I see my knowledge will be plenty appreciated here: Have yuo ever wondered where all that lint comes from every time you finish a dryer load? Because for all the lint we dig out, you'd think our clothes should be disintegrating quickly!
I did some independent research and discovered there is a monthly ritual where one sock, usually the most attractive and strong of the bunch, is singled and and sacrificed, and the dryer chews it up and what we're left with is a sorry lint carcass.
So...the question we have is not where they go but WHYYYYYYYYY??!!

Erin Clark said...

That actually makes a sick kind of sense. And also explains the singing that I sometimes hear coming from my laundry room.

Unknown said...

Ooooh, you have a laundry room...my washer and dryer are in my kitchen, so we use them as counter space.
But yeah...it's the truth and it's tragic; but, not so tragic I'm going to stop washing my socks to protect them. I tried that for a little while, and my friends started avoiding me.